Saturday, March 1, 2014

Scarlet

I have FINALLY gotten my new laptop, and may I say, I am so in love with this machine it's kind of creepy. She is absolutely perfect (for me, at least) and I love her shiny mechanical self so damn much I decided to name her - so, if in the future you read me referring to "Scarlet", it's not my new imaginary friend.

I went with a Lenovo Ideapad but the way it happened seems almost like fate. I originally ordered the Acer I had planned to buy and there was one issue after another with the order. After hours of issues I finally got the order to process, only to be informed an hour later that my bank declined it, not for lack of funds, but because they thought it was suspicious and suspected fraud!  I gave up and later that evening my husband went looking again to find me a laptop. When he found Scarlet my eyes lit up. Scarlet is all kinds of fancy and she has red backlit keys (so I can see what I'm typing when I get up so stupidly early in the morning!) AAAAAAHHHHHH so excited!!!

Here's a picture of my new darling: http://instagram.com/p/lAJMqHFBq6/1a07a254a14811e3892212a64e600f6d_8

 So, she's here and I'm back in business. Right now I'm trying to accomplish the headache-inducing task of moving and organizing all my files. It'll probably take me all weekend.


In other Everyn-related-news:

I've been on a writing binge all week. If anyone has been paying attention (and I doubt they have), the wordcount listed on the blog for Book One of the Crow novellas has jumped up to 18,000. I am also beginning to suspect that the "novella" is turning into a short novel so I've raised the wordcount goal to 50,000. If it ends up being that long, I suppose it won't be a novella anymore.

And now, back to playing with Scarlet! Have a great weekend people!

No comments:

Post a Comment