Sunday, March 16, 2014

Crow Book One - Progress and Updates


As I stated in my last post, I didn't get much done this past week due to being sick as all hell.

However, I did manage to get a nice bit of writing done on Crow, as well as some research. So, without further ado:

I have now surpassed 30,000 words on Crow Book One and am about 2/3 of the way through the story. This is excitingly good news, though I'm still not certain if the book / series will end up being a bunch of novellas or short novels. I am a notorious underwriter - breezing through the who, what, why, where and dialogue in the first go to get the story out while it's still fresh in my mind  - and then going back later to flesh out the details. It is highly probable that the story will grow longer on my first round of edits as I fill in all the blanks. I already know that the first chapter is going to need a complete re-write. I've also started putting together the outline for Book Two since I now know the characters more completely and have a clearer picture of where the story and conflicts are heading. At the rate it seems to be going, I hope to have the First Draft completed by the end of March.

Once I've started working on the edits I plan to start posting small snippets of it on the blog. I'm not very good at explaining my stories (I know, weird for a writer who can't properly explain themselves), so you'll probably get a clearer idea of the story once I do that.

And now... back to writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment