Saturday, February 14, 2015

Happy Valentine's Day

Okay, I admit, I don't really do Valentine's Day - though I like the sentiment and have no problem wishing people a Happy Day of Love. 

Love is awesome and should be celebrated - everyday, not just on February 14th.

Perhaps because my birthday is less than a week later, I've always looked forward to that more than to "V-Day", as I used to call it. Flowers are nice, and I like chocolate, but I have no intention of forcing my significant other to purchase these things on a particular day when all the stores jack the prices up because it's "a holiday". As it stands, my husband is annoyed because I forbid him to buy me anything this morning before he left for work. Also, it's practically impossible to get into any restaurant in the city without a reservation months in advance. Not that I mind, 'cause I prefer Diner food.
Okay, end Valentine's Day random rambling...

I've decided to celebrate V-Day with you all by posting a slightly steamy sneak peek at one of the scenes in the new Crow book I've been working on. Please, keep in mind, the third Crow book is still a work-in-progress and none of this has been edited yet (basically, this isn't the final version of this scene and it may change a bit between now and when it's completed).
Enjoy and let me know what you think in the comments below!
_____________________________________________

He didn’t respond to my thinly veiled accusation. His eyes were digging into mine and something inside him seemed to snap - his expression changing from sad to seductive, as if he’d been asleep and now suddenly he was on fire. A devilish grin spread across his face, his eyes devouring me where I sat across from him. The look in his eyes, like a hungry animal about to pounce, set my heart racing. I turned my head as we pulled into the next station and watched as the passengers passed in and out of the doors.

The train-car emptied out, leaving us alone. I watched as the doors slid closed, the florescent lights overhead flickering. The train jutted forward, pulling us back into the tunnel.

Silas stood, pulling me quickly up to my feet, and the train rocked, causing us both to topple back into the train doors.

The look grew more intense, his green eyes almost glowing. Silas' hands slid down my arms, pulling my wrists up over my head and trapping them against the cold metal door as he dropped lingering kisses down my neck. He started slowly, just under my ear and traveling across my skin to my collarbone. Each touch of his lips sent hot tingles of pleasure through me - my mind lost in delirious joy. His hands slid back down my arms, his gentle touch leaving goosebumps in their wake before they traced the curve of my waist, hovering just above my hips. His fingers gently caressed the hem of my t-shirt, brushing against the skin that peeked between my shirt and my jeans

Deep inside, my brain was trying to tear me out of my lustful daze, reminding me that we’d be pulling into the next station soon. I slipped my hands under his chin, gently pulling his mouth away. The ravenous glint in his eyes when they locked with mine pulled me back under, our lips colliding, our bodies pressed up hard against the door as the lights overhead flickered again.

“We need to stop.” I whispered into his mouth. He growled playfully in response, pulling me closer. “Silas, I’m serious.” I kissed him hard and he sighed, his grip relaxing around my waist.

“I’m just not ready to let go yet. I feel like I get little tastes of you and it’s never enough. Then I’m left fiending until the next time I have you in my arms again.” His chest was heaving against mine and he leaned forward, pressing our foreheads together as he attempted to restrain himself. “I should get off at the next stop and walk the rest of the way.” He said, slowly prying his hands away from my body. He took a forceful step back before lifting his gaze to meet mine. His eyes were still heavy-lidded as he peered at me regretfully from under his eyebrows.

The space grew slightly brighter as we pulled into the station. When the train shuddered to a stop, Silas took one more step backwards, a determined set to his jaw, and then he disappeared like a blur through the doors as people pushed their way inside. I sat back down in the seat beside the window.

The doors slid closed just as a set of brilliant green eyes caught mine on the other side of the window. His lips spread into a slow smile and he mouthed the words, “Smile, Beautiful. I’ll see you soon.”

No comments:

Post a Comment