Sunday, February 1, 2015

Ch-ch-ch-Changes!


Well, I seemed to have gotten incredibly sidetracked in the last month - as in, all my new year plans have already gotten tossed out the window, but I'm enjoying myself so much that I don't really care.

I wrote a few more chapters into The Piper's Song and suddenly found myself craving some more Silas and Conner. Basically, I got hit with a sledgehammer of inspiration and got all tangled up with Denora again.

In the past two and a half weeks I've written over half of the first draft on the third Crow book, so on that tip I'm actually way ahead of schedule, since I wasn't planning to start the third book until February.

On the other hand, Denora and Conner seem to have completely derailed certain plans I had for the book (those two - seriously? Why can't they just behave and leave things alone? lol) and now I'm reconsidering several aspects of the series I had previous thought immovable.

  • The first is the title for the third book - Curse. Because my characters got sidetracked, the reason I wanted to call it "Curse" is now more applicable to the next book instead, so I may end up changing it and using Curse later.  I haven't decided yet, but when I do I'll update you on the new title.

     

  • Yes, I did say "next book" and not "final book". Because of the change in the plot and certain other aspects of the story which I've realized need a little more time to be unfolded, I'm considering extending the series by one (possibly two?) more books. I won't stretch it more than that, because the story doesn't need to be drawn out that far needlessly. I'm shooting for only one but I'm leaving myself open for a sixth book just in case. If, at some point in the future, I miss the characters and want to revisit their world, I'll start a new separate series.


I don't really mind having to extend the series, since I love these characters and their exploits. Their trouble-making and bickering amuse me to no end (I love to make Denora and Silas fight - my husband rolls his eyes at me, but it's true). I don't mind spending more time with these characters - not at at all!

I've already got ideas for a spin-off series, but I haven't developed it, as I don't want to tie myself down to another set of books in this world just yet. There are other tales that need to be told first (like Piper's... sorry Piper, I'll get back to you soon!)

How do you feel about more Crow books? Let me know in the comments.

Well, that's all for now.
Happy Reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment