Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Seeing Double?

Why are there two versions of the website?

So, a lot has happened since the beginning of the year. If you read my last post, you're aware of the sudden "shift" (oooo heehee, I see what you did there!) into working on Crow again and the changes to the series that I'm considering.

That's not what I asked about.

Sorry - I'm still so wrapped up in the third Crow book (especially since I will probably have the first draft finished in the next two weeks) that it's still taking up a lot of my focus.

Back to the point - I'm having a bit of an issue / disagreement with my current website host. As we're now looming closer to my birthday again (32? that sounds about right) we're also nearing the two year anniversary of the blog. I went to renew with my host for another year, only to find out things that I didn't feel right about (like doubling my hosting fee every year? wtf?)

Basically, the blog is moving. I have until February 18th to move everything over to the new format. It was an unexpected project that got tossed into my lap at the last minute like a rampant, hungry possum - fur and teeth and fury flying everywhere. I had hoped to take the rest of this week to finish up the new Crow book, but I'm now having to get things settled with the blog instead.

*Sigh* I suppose Denora and Conner can hang out in Central Park a little longer. I just hope Maeve doesn't get any mischievous ideas or I may come back to some new developments and have to re-arrange the series all over again...

So, you're just moving?

Yep - luckily I can upload all my old posts from the past two years. I've got the template all set up now, and because of the move I've had to combine the Author Blog page and The Crow Series page into one website. So far I'm really liking the newer look and to be honest I've been planning a major overhaul and update to the blog for awhile now and just keep getting sidetracked with writing. I'm working my way through the old posts and re-posting them. Once I'm done, I'll start adding some of the new stuff I've been wanting to do (like *cough cough* those teasers on the new books).

If you have any other burning questions for me, shoot them out in the comments and I'll get back to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment