Friday, August 1, 2014

Fresh Start


If you've been wondering where I've been lately - I swear I have a perfectly good explanation!

July ended up being a very odd month for me. I was on vacation for two weeks and it was lovely and wonderful to go out and do things with my kids and spend time with my husband. Unfortunately, after being on a roll and getting halfway through the second Crow book, having my momentum broken and being unable to sit down and write for that extended period of time made it incredibly difficult to get back into the swing of things. Add to that, directly after my vacation, I was hit with a string of personal issues that made it even more difficult to get my head where it needed to be to continue writing.

But it's now August 1st and I'm determined to start fresh and get back to work. I left off with Denora going on a date in a five star fancy-shmancy restaurant (and, no, she isn't on a date with Silas - cue shocked gasps!) Personally, I'm a bit jealous. It's been ages since I set foot in a fancy-shmancy restaurant - but my four year wedding anniversary is a week from today, so my jealousy should resolve itself soon hahaha!

In my last post, I announced the next Summer of Success Interview with Tracy Joyce would be posted. It has been postponed a week, but it will be posted soon. Tracy actually was one of the first people to buy Crow and she left an absolutely wonderful review for it on Goodreads. I'm still kind of blushing after reading it this morning:
"I love urban fantasy and this is up there with some of my favourites. Kildare writes extremely well and weaves a wonderful fantasy into our modern day world. The characters are complicated and believable. The pacing of the story is excellent and the mystery quickly draws you in..."

There's more, but that bit right there was so encouraging and I think a bit of encouragement is really what I need right now to dig my way out of this rut I've been in lately. I desperately want to write - I need to write, and I need to get the second book finished, because I know there are people out there who loved the first one and are waiting for me to get off my ass and finish the next one.

So that is what I'm going to do.

Everyn - signing off (to go write!)

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment