Monday, August 11, 2014

Ce-le-brate good times Whoop Whoop!


I'm feeling pretty amazing right now.

My 4 year Anniversary was this past Friday, and not only did I get to soothe my jealousy over Denora's fancy dinner date scene by going out to my favorite restaurant - I actually ate the same meal that Denora orders on her date (Chicken Milanese - it's so frickin' delicious! I should have taken a picture of it, but I was too busy gobbling it down.)  Yes, I'm talking about the date NOT with Silas. No spoilers, but she actually goes on two dates in the book with a certain new somebody you'll get to know soon muhahahaha!

And speaking of the second Crow book - I have some equally amazing news. Our anniversary gift to ourselves was a weekend without our darling kiddos. Huge shout out to my parents for taking the munchkins for the weekend. It gave me and my husband some quality time together, which we don't get often, and more importantly for you, it gave me a nice big chunk of uninterrupted writing time. This weekend was highly productive for me, and I wrote more yesterday than I have in a long, long time. Seriously, I don't remember the last time I wrote that much in one day! What this boils down to is that I'm now only two chapters away from finishing the first draft. Yep, you read that correctly. Two chapters left to write - I'll probably be done in the next few days, provided my children co-operate now that they're back home lol.

My intention, once the first draft is finished, is to do another close read / edit on the first Crow book, since I've become aware of a smattering of grammatical issues that slipped past me before I published. When that's finished, I'll dive into editing Book Two with the hopes of getting it out to you all by the end of September. I've got some other fun Crow stuff planned, now that Book Two is almost ready, but more on that another day (do I smell a giveaway in the near future? Hmmmmm)

I've also got another fun little surprise that I'm planning in October, but for now I'll just tease you with it. I'll just say that it's not Crow related and is geared towards celebrating my favorite holiday (Halloween!).

Anyway, hope you enjoyed my rambling today.

Now I'm off to work on those last two chapters. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment