Sunday, June 22, 2014

What's new? Ohhhh yeah!


The past two weeks have been kinda crazy.

Sales on Crow have been slow, as expected, since I haven't done much in the way of marketing... and I kind of suck at social media. The readers on Wattpad have also slowed, but partially because some of the dedicated readers have now bought the book and have stopped reading the updates. I've sold probably about 20 copies combined.

Those who have bought the paperback have all had good things to say about the quality of the book and formatting - which makes me excited! I've gotten a few very nice and complementary reviews and I'm hoping when more of the purchasers finish the book, they will also leave reviews (fingers crossed!)

I've been looking into places to advertise the book - review sites etc - but unfortunately most of those places require 8 - 10 positive reviews before they'll even consider posting it... so I've got to wait.

So far, the consensus between those who have finished the book is that they love the unusual paranormal world, the gritty and dark setting, the diverse characters and the unexpected twists throughout the book. The biggest complaint seems to be that the book is too short and they want the second one.

As far as the second book is concerned, I've thrown myself into it. I'm about 25% of the way through the first draft and loving it! Last Thursday I got so in to it, I wrote twice as much as I normally do in a day and the subsequent days, while I was at my job, I thought about it constantly - writing down snippets of dialogue and plot points on the notepad function on my cell phone.

The story is progressing smoothly and I'm really enjoying getting back into their world and playing with Denora and Silas again! I'm not going to give any spoilers, but I will say, in my opinion, that the second book is already better than the first one. I still haven't settled on the title yet, but I'm hoping to have it finished and published by mid-September.

Well, that's it for now. I'll try to post again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment