Monday, June 30, 2014

One month after Crow...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KO6Z69K/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00KO6Z69K&linkCode=as2&tag=everkild-20&linkId=3EMBXYB7SRDDXRR3

As the title of this post suggests, it has been one month since I published Crow, the first book in The Crow Series.

I've spent most of the past week working on the website and building the new website for the Crow Series. The Crow Series website is now up and mostly functional. You can find the link up in the menu bar above or you can check it out by clicking HERE. The website needed to be my focus since I had been avoiding it all month. (Please be aware: after February 2015 The Crow Series website mentioned above was changed and links will no longer work.)

When I realized that we had reached the end of the month, my focus started to blur. What I mean by this is that I had a bit of a freak out regarding my lack of marketing for the book so far. I started researching ways to market and book bloggers to approach blah blah. I mean, I was really freaking out, because my goal is to double my sales of the book / books every month until the end of the year. For the first month, I've sold 22 books combined on all formats. I hope to sell a minimum of 40 for July, 80 for August etc etc, but so far I seem to have exhausted my personal circle of interested friends and family as well as the few people who have been reading it on Wattpad and were willing to purchase a copy. So that means, in order to accomplish my goal I needed to start finding other methods of finding readers...

And then I came across a blog by "The Vigilante Author", Robert Bidinotto. First, let me say he seems like a pretty awesome guy and his books look really good. But what stood out to me was his blog post "10 Winning Marketing Strategies for Your Self-Published Book" which served as a nice slap in the face to remind me of what my intentions are - to write my next book and not freak out about the marketing (yet!) I may not have a lot of readers so far, but those who have read Crow have all said one thing in common - "When is the next book coming out?" My marketing strategy right now is to finish and put out the second book in the series. Once I've done that, I'll start working on my marketing ideas.

That being said, if you have read Crow and enjoyed it, please consider leaving a review on Amazon, B&N, Goodreads and tell your friends about it!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment