Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Three Years After Crow


It's the THREE year Book Anniversary for my very first book - CROW! (I love that a Book Anniversary is really a thing! heehee) I think I may want to start a new tradition and try to do something fun to celebrate this anniversary every year from now on. That's what makes me look forward to anniversaries at least - the excuse for plotting and planning of fun things (I'll take almost any excuse for fun things, actually.)

But first, an update after my announcement last week:

The old Crow is now in a state of undead limbo. By that I mean all ebook versions of Crow have now been switched over to the *NeW* wonderful and lovely cover and less crappy blurb. The paperbacks, on the other hand, are still sporting the old ones, because I have some other work and formatting I have to put together first before I can change those. Soooo, in some places it's Crow reborn - and in others the old version is still sinking its claws in and holding firm.
I know, I just went way out there on that one...

On the plus side, it means anyone wanting to get a copy of the old versions in paperback before they no longer exist still has time to do so (because once I change the files the old ones will no longer be printed, thus making the old ones "limited edition". You see what I did there? Gotta prop my ego up somehow. I'm sinking here! LOL)

So, in celebration of Crow's Three Year Book-a-versary, I decided to release the new cover and blurb for Shift early!



The new blurb for Book Two:

No one can be trusted.

On the precipice of adulthood, Denora is torn between her old life as a trouble-making New York teen, and the dangerous complications of her newly accepted magical abilities. The mysteries of the Clandestine World, and the heavy burden of saving her brothers from a horrible fate certainly aren’t a walk in the park - and her conflicted feelings for the green-eyed traitor Silas only make matters worse.

When things get messy, Denora turns to a new friend for comfort. Even a girl with the ability to shatter light-bulbs when she’s angry isn’t immune to a sexy set of dimples and a warm smile. But like everything else in the city, the flashing lights can often blind one to the unseen grit of betrayal. Denora’s trust is put to the test, because in this twisted metropolis not just her heart, but her life is on the line.

*Dun Dun Dun*
MUCH better than the old blurb! Though I have always been very fond of the original cover for Shift, I really like the new one as well, and feel it suits the series better 🖤

Just like last week, the new cover and blurb will start popping up on the online retailers between now and June 7th. Next year I should have ALL FIVE books in the series out, so I'll plan something BIGGER on the blog to celebrate the Book-a-versary.

Let me know what you all think of the new covers!
I'm off to my editing cave 😁😸

No comments:

Post a Comment