Tuesday, May 16, 2017

It's been a while: How about another Curse teaser?


Teaser Tuesday! 
 
So - lot's been brewing and stewing in my office lately.
As I stated in my last post, I now have all three books currently published in the Crow Series available on all major online retailers - for those of you who were asking for it outside of Amazon.

I've also started posting the first book in my new steampunk fantasy series (that I'll be putting out later this year) to Wattpad . I'll link to Songbird of Souls again below if you're interested!

But today is all about Curse!

I'm still putting the finishing touches on it, and felt I wanted to share another snippet with all of you as a thank you for continuing to be so patient, waiting for its release.


Curse - The Crow Series Book Four:

He slowly emerged from the darkness - first his shoes, then his long lean legs, next his shoulders, glowing under the faint light from the window as he stepped into view. His midnight hair fell loose about his face, and as he lifted his head, his eyes sparkled a vibrant emerald green as they met with mine.
It was easy to see why they were all so enamored with him. He was perfect - every inch of him. I couldn’t fight the way he made me feel, even though I knew I was just another naive, love-sick Duvain - getting butterflies in my stomach when he so much as said my name.
I wasn’t the first to fall under the spell of his intoxicating beauty, and as McFinney had once suggested, I probably wouldn’t be the last.
“Denora?” The way he said it was like a caress, and I shuddered, trying to resist how badly I wanted to go to him.
“I’ve been retracing my mother’s footsteps - trying to figure out what happened between her and Leena all those years ago. So far, all I’ve learned is that they were both hopelessly in love with you.” I whispered the last part, feeling both sick and stupid for saying it aloud - and even worse, for saying it to him.
A small smile crept up the side of his cheek, “I assure you, I never encouraged them.”
“I know…” I mumbled, turning my eyes away.
He moved with fluid grace, swiftly crossing the space between us until he stood over me, his hands gently clutching at my shoulders to lift me back up onto my feet. His hands slid down the bare skin of my arms, following the curve of my elbow to my wrists. I still had the pages clutched protectively against my body. Silas slowly coaxed my arms free, pushing the pages down and away from me.
“If you want to know about Helena, all you have to do is ask.”
___________________________________

And that's where I'm going to leave it.

If you'd like to check out the new book I've been posting on Wattpad, you can find the first chapter of Songbird of Souls available to read (with more incoming in a few days):



Thanks for Reading!


Twitter / Facebook / Google+ / Goodreads / Pinterest / Instagram / Youtube (Coming Soon!)

No comments:

Post a Comment