Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Ninja-Cover-Facelift-ATTACK!!!

All right. I know my post title sounds like I'm having some sort of freakout, or I've been watching way too many anime cartoons with my kids (possible, but not today!)

A few weeks ago, I mentioned how my husband was stuck home recuperating after severely hurting his back. He was going stir crazy at home, and since he finally had some free time on his hands, I talked him into helping me put together my ideas for the book cover I envisioned for Songbird of Souls. It came out amazingly! I'm still smitten with the cover 💓

Well, we've also been discussing giving the Crow Series a facelift since... like... the first book in 2014. When I put out Crow we were just dipping our toes in the water, and the cover we designed was simple, because we didn't have the skills or the resources to make a better one. The subsequent covers were kept with the same design, so it was obvious they were a series, but we've always wanted and intended to give them an upgrade when we had the means to do so.

Guess what?
A week from today, on the three year anniversary of when Crow was first published, the first book in the Crow Series will be sporting a shiny new cover and blurb (not sure why some sites says it went live on May 29th - but Crow was first published between May 30th and the 31st.)




Less than two weeks later, Shift will get the same treatment - and two weeks after that, Release will as well. Then I'll be getting set to publish Curse, so it will be released with the new cover design instead!
Yay! So exciting! I've been practically crawling out of my skin, waiting to finally tell you guys what I've been up to.

The new blurb:

Someone, or something is stalking Denora.

Deep in the underbelly of New York City, a troubled young woman has lost it all - her parents, her home and her childhood best friend. She’s broke, practically homeless, and her wayward brothers have gotten themselves into some sort of trouble.
The worst part?
It’s the kind of trouble Denora isn’t prepared for - the magical kind. Denora’s reality is turned upside down, introducing her to a world of talking rats, deadly curses, and a mysterious stranger who promises to help her navigate this daunting new side to the city she thought she knew.
Though gorgeous, green-eyed Silas may be more than willing to lend Denora a helping hand, it’s his secrets that put her in the most danger - because if there’s one lesson you learn growing up in the city, it’s that no one can be trusted.

I'd really appreciate any feedback on the new blurb and cover while I make the final tweaks (especially the blurb, because I never feel like I get those quite right! lol)

I've still got tons of work to do, so I'm signing off for now.
Thanks for coming by and taking the time to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment