Sunday, May 4, 2014

Crow on Wattpad: Thoughts and Updates

As I probably mentioned before, I posted the first chapter of Crow to Wattpad last Sunday. In the first week, it garnered 60+ reads and some very generous responses. I posted the second chapter this morning and so far the book has had around 100 reads. Considering how many people moan and groan on Wattpad's forums about barely getting 20 reads after posting multiple chapters, I think that's a pretty good sign. If you haven't seen it yet, and would like to take a read, here's the link:

Crow (The Crow Series Book One)

Unfortunately, the editing is going much more slowly than I'd like. I had hoped to be finished with the current round of edits by now. Even though I've been chopping and rewriting like a madwoman, I'm only about halfway through the book. I've got less than a month left to my publishing deadline, so it's stressing me out a little bit, but I really want to put out the best, and most polished version that I can, so I suppose I have to suck it up and keep working. I still have plenty of time to finish (or so I keep reminding myself!)

In other Crow related news, I've had sooooo many ideas for Book Two and I'm DYING to get started on it, though I know I really shouldn't get distracted until I've finished editing and preparing Book One. I've completed a rough outline and have been jotting down ideas and snippets of dialogue and scenes for the time being. It's going to be good, I promise!

I hope you all are enjoying Crow so far. I'll be posting the third chapter next Sunday.

Until then, Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment