Monday, April 14, 2014

Crow First Draft = Finished!

The first draft of Crow Book One is now complete and clocking in at approximately 51,250 words.

My daughter's 3rd birthday week is over - the fun, craziness and cake is past us, so I'm now preparing to start revisions. My only obstacle right now is my stupid newfangled printer which is stubbornly insisting I need to put in new color ink even though I only need to print in black but I'll sort that out in time. I'm currently scanning through the manuscript and marking things that I know need to be changed, parts that are inconsistent and chapters that I know will need a full overhaul.

I'm also putting together my ideas and outline for the second book in the series, as well as creating a subpage on the blog just for the Crow Series which is pretty much like building a whole new webpage and is taking a great deal of time and effort including images etc. Once the new page is finished I will be posting excerpts and info about the series in the next month and a half before the book is scheduled to publish. (As of February 2015 - The Crow Series webpage has been merged with the main blog after I had to move the website to a new format. Any links to the old website will no longer work.)

Now that I've glued my editing eyes in, I've still got a great deal of work to tackle. Editing and re-writing is a whole different beastie than the creative free-flow of writing the first draft. I sincerely hope you all enjoy what I've created and grow to love the characters and world that have flourished inside my head for the past two months as much as I have. I'm excited to get it finished and get started on the next one.

Thanks for reading,

No comments:

Post a Comment