Sunday, May 22, 2016

So much to do, So little time

If you haven't seen my updates on Facebook recently:

I've finished the first drafts of both Curse (Crow Series Book Four) and the first draft on my Steampunk Fantasy book, Songbird of Souls. I somehow managed to get both written in less than a month, which astonishes me. With all the crazy personal issues I've experienced since starting my publishing journey in 2013, I'd been averaging two books a year.

This gives me hope.
With all the uncertainty over my strange illness this past year, it's amazing and uplifting for me to be able to work like this. There are so many stories I want to write - and half the time I worry if I'll ever be able to get through them all (I literally have like five years worth of books waiting in the wings to be finished).

The next few weeks are going to be hectic for me. Doctors appointments, MRIs, my son's third birthday (damn, that was fast. Where did the time go?) and I'd planned to take a break from writing until the beginning of June when I intend to start editing Curse and getting it ready for release. Still no official publishing date on the next book in the Crow Series, but I hope to have it out sometime this summer. I've already got the cover almost finished. :D

I'm really eager to wrap up the last two books in The Crow Series this year, but it's also slightly daunting. After being with these characters in their world for so long now, I'm almost sad to see it end. On the other hand, I'm also anxious to start sharing the new steampunk fantasy series I've been working on. I've got lots of fun things coming up but it also means I have A LOT of work to do.

Which, I suppose, I should get back to.

Signing off,


No comments:

Post a Comment