Thursday, May 12, 2016

A Morning's Ruminations

Good Morning Lovely Readers!
Things have gone well since my post last week. I was swept up in such an intense surge of inspiration, I finished the first draft of Curse a whole week earlier than I'd anticipated!
*shakes pom poms excitedly*
I've set the draft aside for a few weeks to breathe before I dive into the editing, and in the meantime I've been working on the first draft of another book I'd left on the wayside for a while (not part of The Crow Series).

I'm feeling good and writing my little butt off. I intend to dive into the second draft of Curse starting June 1st and will set the release date once I've made enough headway on it to have confidence in how long it will take me to finish. One way or another, you'll be getting Book Four sometime this summer.

And then - just one book left to wrap up the series.
I'm already feeling nostalgic now that we're almost at the end. When I started this series in 2014 I'd originally thought it would be four books and I'd wrap it up within a year - BOY, was I in over my head! I guess it just goes to show, this is still a learning process.

How I write - How often I can write - How quickly I can publish.

You never really know your limits or what you're capable of until you try. I've learned a lot about myself and my own personal writing process while working on this series and for that alone it will always hold a special place in my heart. Though continuous issues have slowed me down - that's just how life is. You have to roll with the punches, take each day as it comes and try again with each new dawn if you don't succeed today.

Don't give up and give it time.
I'm still nowhere near successful with my work, but I'm loving it everyday.
I suppose I'm rambling now. Those are just my thoughts this morning.

So for now, I'll say this:

Thank you for reading. I appreciate my readers more than you know and I hope my scribblings take you far from your daily trivialities and let you dream for a while. Because dreaming is part of living too, and stories make us who we are.


No comments:

Post a Comment