Sunday, July 5, 2015

Slow progress is better than none...


I've been doing a great deal of thinking about the Crow Series lately and have made a few new decisions (for those of you wondering about my cryptic social media post the other day.)

I still haven't picked an official date for publication, and unfortunately have pushed it back to sometime this Fall. For various reasons, the least of which is Conner and Denora hijacking my story and taking it in a different direction than I originally intended, the third book has been a lot harder to put together than the first two. I've also been very busy with other projects that have sucked up most of my free time the past few months. However, I hate that this book has been delayed so long and I've put my other projects on a temporary hiatus while I attempt to get Book Three finished for all of you. That was my first major decision.

The second was finally settling on a new title, since I'll be using Curse for Book Four. The third Crow book is now called Release. If you remember from my past posts, I choose the name for the Crow books based on aspects of the story that don't always become apparent until the end, but I choose words that can have more than one meaning - as in "to shift" into something else (shape-shifter), or to move and change. In this case, Release as in "to liberate and set free" or "to let out" like a release of emotion or to release a wail of pain (no I'm not giving you hints. You'll have to read it to figure it out muhahahaha!)

I've also updated the formatting on the ebook versions of the first two books. It looks cleaner and has updated links in the back, as well as adding a sneak peek to Shift at the end of Crow. I'll be adding a similar sneak peek to the end of Shift once Release is ready.

I've also decided to finally take Crow off Smashwords and move it to Draft 2 Digital. I've always hated Smashwords formatting and have never sold anything there. The whole reason I uploaded it to that site was with the intention of making the first book permanently free but Amazon has never recognized the free version on Smashwords to price-match so having it there has been completely useless. I've heard good things recently about Draft 2 Digital and will be trying it out soon.

If your ears perked at Crow being perma-free, yes it will happen, just don't know when. For the time being I have set Crow back up to its original price of $2.99 until I get it all worked out.

As long as the editing doesn't get derailed, I'm hoping to have Release finished by the end of August, but I'll say September just to be safe. I apologize for making you all wait so long and I hope you feel it was worth it when it finally comes out.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment