Monday, February 17, 2014

If at first you don't succeed...

As my husband dutifully reminded me yesterday... we are fast approaching the celebration of my 31st year.

No giant publishing release party, as I had originally hoped, but I'm excited nonetheless. Mister Tax Man has decided to grace me with my moolah ON my birthday... so I suppose I'm getting a new laptop as my present. This means all you folks in blog-reading-land will be seeing more of me again...as well as Facebookers and possibly the Twitterers , if I can ever get the hang of that damn little blue birdy.

All the anticipation has had a positive effect on me - I have gone back to work on the Crow stories, diligently typing away during my kiddos' nap-times for the past week or so.  I'm excited about the story again - living it out in my head to the point where my husband has to poke me every so often as I sit staring off into space... you know, to make sure I'm still breathing.

I'm grooving a little old school right now. I figured I'd post this because it's honestly how I've been feeling (it's also been running through my head constantly).

Really, Aaliyah was one of the hottest women EVER so I don't mind watching the video again :)

But back to the point... been writing regularly again and I'm pretty damn happy about it. Unfortunately (or fortunately for my bank account but unfortunately for my writing), my birthday week is going to be spent working at my J-O-B. I picked up some extra days at work since my manager is on vacation, so after today I won't be getting much writing time in until next week. I simply hope I don't lose the writing mojo between now and my next days of freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment