Thursday, March 21, 2013

4:49 AM

Yesterday was the one month mark of this website and The Red Handed Writer Project. It was also the day after I finally got my brand spankin' new laptop (I've needed one desperately for a long time now. Mine was about 9 years old and stubbornly refused to partake of the internet.)

The very first thing I did (after going half mad trying to figure out Windows 8) was upload Scrivener and begin transferring my writing files.

I have fallen hopelessly in love with the Scrivener program. I feel as if I've been doing this stuff the hard way for years. I can already attest to the fact that my writing life has and will get a whole lot easier now that I have an organized method for my work and a new piece of hardware to work on when and how I want (increased productivity! Whoohoooo!)

I've managed to find, organize and begin working with all the various versions of the Firechild book except, strangely, the very first version. I suppose this now means I will have to get even more old school and see if I can find my old floppy disks, burned cds and zip drive to see if I still have the backup copies. If not, never fear... I still have the printed copy (I've lost too much work due to temperamental technology NOT to back things up in multiple places!)

I suppose the real question is: Why is this blog post titled 4:49AM?

Simple answer: I'm so worked up with ideas and working on this project I can't sleep... which is actually bad because I have to get up for work in a couple hours (you know, real 9-5 get a paycheck type work) and I've not really gotten any rest.

Hmmm. To have my coffee and try to work more on the character bios I've been creating OR attempt to get another hour of sleep before my alarm starts screaming? Decisions...

No comments:

Post a Comment