Monday, December 1, 2014

Shift Pre-Order


The Pre-Order for the ebook version of Shift is now live on Amazon. I've set the pre-order price to $2.99 for those who want to reserve their ebook early. I've been looking into ways to set up a pre-order for the paperback, but as of right now, it looks like the paperbacks will either be released on December 31st with the official publication of Shift, or shortly thereafter, depending on how long it takes me to finish the formatting. I've been reading about ways to do a pre-order for paperbacks, but it is very complicated and time consuming so I think I'll save trying it out for a future book.

As stated in a previous post, I am going exclusive with Amazon for this book and trying out their KDP Select feature. If it doesn't work out, I'll be releasing it for other eReaders, but I've had so little success so far with the Nook and Smashwords that it just hasn't seemed to be worth the time and effort.


Pre-Order the Ebook
The cover showing for Shift is NOT the final cover (more like a placeholder while we get the final cover finished). Also, for some reason the amazon page is showing the blurb with html which I am trying to fix, and is listing the page numbers for the book as 38. I assure you that is NOT the correct pagecount, as this book is longer than the first.

Other than some small bumps and hiccups, the pre-order process wasn't all that much different or more difficult than the normal book set up. The only difference is that Amazon has now given me a deadline to upload the finished manuscript and cover - which I suppose is good, because now I really have to get my butt moving to get everything finished (I have to have it to them by December 21st.) If I don't meet their deadline, Amazon is going to punish me by taking away the pre-order feature from me for a whole year - yikes!

Also want to remind you guys that the Crow ebook is on sale for 99cents. I'm not sure yet how long I'll leave it at the sale price, so get your copy while it's cheap(er).

No comments:

Post a Comment