Saturday, August 3, 2013

Life happens - and we adjust...


I've made some alterations to my writing "plan" for the year to account for the inevitable break I took the past few months. If you're wondering what the difference is, the revision of the first draft has been pushed back to span from July through the end of September.

I'm hoping I can get the new first draft written in 10 weeks so the editing stage would begin the beginning of October. I started writing regularly on it the in the middle of July and thus far gotten an additional 25,000 words added, so I seem to be on track for this new goal.

The remaining plan remains the same on the same schedule. All this really means is that the first stage is now having to be fast forwarded since it's taking up the time slot when I had hoped to be editing.

I admit that it was very naive for me to assume that having the baby, and the first weeks caring for newborn would not affect my plan. There's just no way to account for that level of writing while working on a newborn's schedule. Hoping things go smoothly and there are no more unexpected [haha I had nine months to know he was coming - not exactly unexpected] delays to finishing the book.

On another note, I will be making some needed adjustments and hopefully improvements to the web site so don't be surprised if things are rearranged in the next couple of weeks. Hopefully, the changes are for the better and focus more on writing that I need to do and less on distractions.

Until next time,


No comments:

Post a Comment